Saturday, May 1, 2010

Munich Comic Bookstore



Naturally I had to visit one of Munich's best comic book stores: COMIC COMPANY on Frauenhofer Strasse just a few blocks from our apartment.

I went crazy over the many Jacques Tardi  crime series and nearly cleaned the store out.

In pouring over the many comic books and graphic novels, I noticed that historical material seems really popular. Of course they have the usual American superhero stuff with Marvel, DC, etc.. having a dedicated section. But there is an abundance of "drama" type books mostly written and drawn by the likes of Marc-Antoine Mathieu, Jason Lutes, Isabel Kreitz, Andreas Dierssen, Matz Mainka, Reihard Kleist and Tobias Meissner. and that's just a sampling!

Also prominent are Mangas by Hideshi Hino, Garon Tsuchiya and Nobuaki Minegishi, to name a few.

The selection here is great. What they try to do is to provide the complete series rather than "left over" volumes. And like good comic store people, they know their stuff.

Can't wait to read what I got and hope to get more before I leave.

Comic Company

Fraunhoferstr. 21
80469 München
Telefon: +49-89-2014385
Telefax: +49-89-20236763

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you can go bankrupt in a place like this. From your latest pics, looks like everything is just a "few blocks" from your place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Marc-Antoine Mathieu has been translated here. Jason Lutes is an American whose stuff has been published here and translated there. I've read a little of Hideshi Hino's horror (does he do anything else?) The others I don't know -- bring them back and show me some! I'm curious to know how you like the Tardi crime stuff. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! The store looks very cool. Marc-Antoine Mathieu has been translated here. Jason Lutes has been published here and translated there. The rest I don't know -- bring them back and show some to me! I'll be curious to hear what you think of Tardi's crime stuff.

    ReplyDelete