Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pho So #1 - Vietnamese Restaurant




I had to drop off my car for a quick service in North Hills (San Fernando Valley). So while O and I waited, we decided to have lunch at Pho So #1 in Van Nuys. It's located in, guess what? Another strip shopping mall at the north east corner of Victory and Sepulveda. Next door is the Chinese supermarket 99 Ranch Market, making the location convenient.

O and I had the same Egg Noodle Soup with Seafood and Pork. O did add meat balls to his soup. The waiter first brought the standard vegetables which you could add to the soup yourself. The vegetables included soy bean sprouts, mustard greens, chili and Thai basil. We didn't have to wait long for the noodles.

The soup was light, clear and tasty. In general, it was good eats for a good price (approx. $7.00 each). O did wish that he had the rice noodles instead of the egg. I on the other hand, was happy with the egg. I highly recommend it but don't count on it being the best you've ever had. It's just great local and authentic fare.

The place is much like a typical Asian restaurant in Asia. Basic decor makes it feel down 'Asian' home-like. During the whole time we were there, the tables were filled and there were always a few people waiting to be seated. The service was no nonsense. This is a place I'd go back to when I want a quick comfort meal.

Pho So #1
6450 Sepulveda Blvd
Van Nuys, CA 91411
Tel: (818) 989 6377

No comments:

Post a Comment